Monday, April 28, 2014

My son Mikel...

Mikel Lamar Husband...

  Today marks the 43rd anniversary of Mikel's birth..
 

(Mike and proud dad)

In todays world the Dad's have cameras and video equipment to forever freeze a moment in time. I used my pen and pencil  to capture those golden moments of my family's life.

Mikel asleep as a toddler...


 
 

 
Mikel and brother Jai (below) as toddlers...

 
 
 San Dimas Saints high school football games I'd be sketching my son, waiting on the sideline to get in the game or in action...



 
After high school Mikel attended Howard University in Washington, DC. A visit to his apartment in DC I caught Jai from the rear and Mike pouring milk in a big bowl of cereal...

 
 
 
Mikel, always busy even had time to contribute to a book (above)...
 
 
 
Mikel worked for several start up magazines after graduating from Howard. He was Assistant Editor for BET Weekend Magazine(above) in the late '90's.
He also worked for Code Magazine during this time.
 
Mikel always has always had an interest in journalism, working on the yearbook staff in high school translating into his joining the staff at Howard's student newspaper The Hilltop which he was editor his junior and senior years there on his way to graduation. The paper ran an article  (below)...

 
 

 
 
 

 


Mikel was the editor of the Howard Magazine (above) at the time of his passing. A co-worker and good friend of Mikel, Yanick Rice Lamb, write a wonderful article.

So blessed to have been able to capture some of my son's life in line.




 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ron, this is Tricia...Stan & Barbara's daughter....your blog entry was amazing...Thank you for sharing. I wish I would had gotten a chance to know him. ...God Bless.

    ReplyDelete